1. Covid 19 and Renting
Inner City Organisations Network presents 'Covid-19 and Renting' video. Covering tenancy protections set out in the Emergency Measures in the Public Interest (Covid-19 Act) 2020. These protections are in place for an 'emergency period' running from 27th March - 20th July 2020, with possibility of an extension pending further government intervention.
The presentation also details:
- general advice to tenants during and after Covid-19;
- brief introductions both short and long-term rent supports available to tenants struggling as a result of Covid-19;
- the 'what if' questions tenants may have in relation to their tenancy;
- how to log a dispute with the Residential Tenancies Board (RTB)
2. Residential Tenancies Act
- How the Residential Tenancies Act is applied and exemptions to this application.
- The simple definition of a tenancy, tenancy agreement and leases.
- Types of tenancies: fixed-term / periodic and Part-4.
- How to claim Part-4 rights.
- Part-4 exemptions.
We endeavour to put out the most factual, accessible information for people and welcome feedback on any mistakes or mishaps. If you have any queries on this subject, or need advise on a personal tenancy matter please do not hesitate to get in contact with us:
Contact Community Participation Worker: email@example.com / 083 4338382